Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Always Coca-Cola

This terrific TV commercial dates back to 1993 and is probably one of the few memorable commercials I’ve ever seen. Oddly, I’d only caught it once or twice back at the time (probably on commercial breaks during the much-missed Buddy Faro). But the terrific graphics and insanely catchy song (which was also done in Spanish and other languages too) always stayed with me. It’s one of the best commercials Coke ever did and one of the best commercials of its time. Wish I knew who wrote and sings the jingle and this refreshing refrain "The stars will always shine, the birds will always sing..."

Here's the swinging holiday version…

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Doug
I believe Joey Diggs was the performer on "Always Coca-Cola he
also preformed with Josh Grobin on
Closer but I don't know who the other preformers were on the Coca-Cola. Marilyn